If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, February 7, 2020

My Ramblings: Dear Middle-Grade Mystery & Horror


Let's celebrate this coming Valentine's Day by remembering our first love! By that I mean I'll be writing a heartfelt letter to my first bookish love: the middle-Grade mystery & horror genre.

Dear Middle-Grade Mystery & Horror,

First and foremost, I'd like to say I'm truly sorry. I left you behind as the years past. Many can say I grew up and ended up thinking I was too good for you and needed to move on. I assure you that's not the case! I loved you, once. It's unfortunate to say but it was just puppy love, you and I.

That may sound harsh, but please hear me out! We grew up together. You were a great big stepping stone to who I am today. We had such amazing and memorable moments together! Do you remember when I let my 6th-grade crush borrow one of you? If you could only have felt the rush I felt in that moment with me. It was exhilarating! I have you to thank for that! Though nothing ever came of it and I never got up the nerve to tell him you were there with me through all those times! Helping keep me an introvert through it all.

Oh, the wonderful worlds we traveled through! There isn't enough time to name all the places and faces we met during those long few years we were with each other. Please, know it was special and very much appreciated at that time!

Though I grew out of you, I hope you have found someone else to fill the void I left. I wish you nothing but the best for there are many more people who will be much more grateful than I was to hear of your adventures. Please don't let my leaving you make you bitter and closed off for all the other souls who are looking for you and want to enjoy your company. 

Forever & Always,
Mikky

What was the first genre that you fell in love with?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...