If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, April 26, 2019

TV Show Review: Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina Season 2

Chilling Adventures
Of Sabrina
Season 2

Reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina: the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina Spellman wrestling to reconcile her dual nature - half-witch, half-mortal - while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.
| IMDb |

My Review:

This show is everything I ever wanted a witch-y show to be and never knew how to put it into words! I adore how dark and humorous it is while featuring outlandish characters and amazingly unique storylines. I never read the comics this was based on but it definitely makes me want to play catch up with those.

Before watching this rendition of the Sabrina I knew of and watched a few episodes (over a decade ago at this point?) of the original more sitcom-style show called Sabrina The Teenage Witch. From what I remember (and don't quote me on this I may be wrong) it was a much lighter take on the Witch world with much more regular comedic relief.

The best part of this show aside from the awesome story arc's they are building are the phrases! Replacing words in common phrases some use on a day to day bases with Satan instead of God and Heaven instead of Hell. It's refreshing that they flipped the script on those. It's also kind of intriguing seeing how they "normalized" and play up the so-called "other side". I'm really looking forward to a third season!

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...