If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, October 19, 2018

My Ramblings: Four Of My All-Time Favorite Vampire Books

Four Of My All-Time Favorite Vampire Books
(That Aren't In The Least Bit Scary, But Hey
They're Still Creatures Of The Night)

* Books on this list are from the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genre.
Nothing scary to see here ;)
__________________________________________________
Night Huntress Series By Jeaniene Frost
(Linked to my review)

__________________________________________________
Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy By J. A. London
(Linked to Goodreads)

__________________________________________________
Black Dagger Legacy Series By J. R. Ward
(Linked to my review)



__________________________________________________
Crossbreed Series By Dannika Dark
(Linked to my review)




Do you usually read scary stories in October?
How do you sleep at night without getting nightmares from horror stories?
As a person who doesn't read horror, I'd love to know the
answer to that last question in particular in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. I know you are going to be shocked, but I have not read any of these. Vampires? I read all the VA and Bloodlines books, which I really enjoyed, and I liked the vampire characters in the Parasol Protectorate books by Gail Carriger. Those are like steampunk paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO shocked that a contemporary aficionado hasn't read any of these vampire books xD
      I read VA a long time ago but it totally slipped my mind when I wrote this post. That series should definitely be up there. It was a very good series! I never got into the Parasol Protectorate series :/

      Delete
  2. I love the JA London covers, especially the middle one Blood- Kissed Sky (cool title too). The storminess of the clouds and the different colors. I haven't read a lot of vamp books lately, although I did start Colleen Gleason's Stoker & Holmes series- that was pretty good but they're like YA UF I guess with some steampunk. I LOVED the vampire Isleen from Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The J. A. London covers are so pretty but, once upon a time, I couldn't look at them without my first thought being the Fallen Series By Lauren Kate! I do my best to read a lot of vampire books but when they're not "in style" it gets hard to find the good ones. I haven't heard of Colleen Gleason's Stoker & Holmes series. I have a vague memory of reading Three Days to Dead when it first got released though I don't remember any of it :/

      Delete
    2. Three Days To Dead was just okay, nothing earth shattering, but I loved Isleen. Normally I like my vampires kinda scary, but she was awesome and funny. :) The scenes where she was driving the car cracked me up.

      I can totally see where the London covers would remind you of Fallen. Definitely!

      Delete
    3. I officially have no recollection of the story for Three Days To Dead based on what you just described. My memory is really going :/

      Scary isn't really my thing. It's why I prefer to read paranormal romance. Funny and sarcastic is more my jam :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...