If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, September 28, 2018

My Ramblings: Are You A Constant Re-reader?

Are You A Constant Re-reader?

I've only learned to like re-reading in the past 2 or 3 years. Before then, books had no re-reading value for me. Due to that, I had a very easy time donating books because they never held much value to me after I read them.

Now that I've found my genres and stories of preference, things have evolved. The stories now represent more to me than just mear words on a page. The stories I connect with more are usually the stories I will re-read. The authors pacing and writing style play a big part in that as well.

There was a period of time where I found re-reading very strange. I remember vividly thinking "how do all these people do it?" on multiple occasions when I went in search of books to read and found myself reading reviews to see what people thought of that book.

I can finally say that I get where all those people were coming from now. Re-reading makes the story so much clearer and it gives me the chance to catch little tidbits I glossed over in the first read. It can also feel like I'm visiting old friends. It's relaxing knowing how everything ends but still wanting to bask in the glory that is that particular story/book. 

Are you an avid re-reader?
Have you always been? If not, why?
I'd love to know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I have not re-read a book since I was a small child. There are way too many books I am interested in reading to spend time reading a book I already read. I won't even read a book after I have seen the adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like you! Even though I have an endless TBR pile there are times that I just need to "get a re-read out of my system". It probably sounds so strange but it just happens for some reason :)

      Delete
  2. This. "It can also feel like I'm visiting old friends." That's one of the things I like most about re- reading! I mean, I don't re- read a lot, but if a book really resonates with me or I just really loved it, I will sometimes re- read it again. Especially if it's been a couple years or something and parts of it are fuzzy in my mind.

    I also like what you said about it being comforting to know how it ends but still enjoying the ride. So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually re-read after a year has passed and like you said when some "parts [become] are fuzzy in my mind". It's comforting just like watching a movie a handful of times. You know how it ends, but the ride is still awesome :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...