If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Five Of My OCD Bookish Habits

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Confession: I don't pay attention to/remember main/supporting characters in books that I dislike. So this week I'll be doing an older TTT topic that I missed: 

This Week's Topic:
Five Of My OCD Bookish Habits

1. I always make sure to take off the cover jacket when reading a hardcover because I want everything to be in mint condition (or as close to it as possible), so it'll look perfect on my shelf;

2. I always pay attention to how I set my books down because I don't want to accidentally fold over the cover or pages in my haste;

3. No food or drinks near my books. Dry hands always. I've learned the hard way how strangely curved pages can get especially with sweaty hands thanks to Brazil's all year round tropical climate;

4. If I want to transport a book in a backpack I always make sure I have a bag (usually those protective shoe bags work wonders for this purpose) that's big enough to envelop it without bending pages to protect it from accidents while it'll be getting jostled in the backpack.

5. I think writing/highlighting in books is a horrendous act. I like to keep my books as close to mint condition as possible. 

Are you OCD about the condition of your books too?
Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I don't read a ton of physical books, but I just so happened to read one this past weekend (Obsidio, I could not imagine reading it any other way), and the first thing I did was take the dust jacket off. It annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dust jackets are very pretty, but, for the most part, annoying. Though I usually take them off books I read, my reasoning is to keep it in as close to its original state as possible :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...