If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, August 18, 2017

My Ramblings: Irrational Fears #1

Irrational Fears #1

Irrational fears. I like to assume that everyone has at least one. I've recently come to the conclusion that I have one that's been very predominant in my life in the past few months. It's the fear of a book series/tv show/movie franchise ending horribly (in my opinion).

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

I noted the trend after the Hunger Games movie franchise ended and I read a spoiler. In my head, it couldn't end like that. To me, that was just wrong and I came to the conclusion that if I didn't see it, then it never actually happened. It also happened in the middle of the Divergent book series and the movies. As much as it pains me to say this: I still haven't watched the Vampire Diaries final episode because I'm scared it won't live up to my expectations.

If I were to count the amount of book series I chose to not finish reading because of this 'fear' we'd be here all day and, to put it plainly, it sucks. I like having concrete never-changing endings to everything I read. When I don't finish a book it bothers me just as much as my fear of it not living up to what I think it deserves.

I haven't found a way to combat this. I wish I had. The one time I pushed myself to face it head on, I cringed through 30 minutes of the last Hunger Games movies and gave up. I don't even remember what I saw, but I know that I don't want to experience it in the near future.

Have you gone through this?
Do you have an irrational fear you'd like to share?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...