If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, August 12, 2016

Movie Review: Deadpool

Deadpool

This is the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

| IMDb | Amazon |



My Review:

I took my sweet time to finally get up and watch this movie. The reason behind all that is simple: I'm getting sick of 'superhero' movies. I've watched Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and so many more and I agree that all of them were amazing, but it's like getting too much of something good. You eventually get tired of it and that's what happened between me and 'superhero' movies.

I'm so glad I put all that aside and watched this. I adored all the sexual puns, the self deprecating humor and the witty banter straight to the camera (to the viewer). I'm so late to get onto the bandwagon and I can't help but be angry that I didn't watch this sooner.

I have so many favorite scenes, but most of them are spoiler filled and I will not be THAT person. I'll just mention one thing: the second or third taxi scene with the trunk. I had tears streaming down my face because of how hard I was laughing. 

Overall, this was a fabulous movie and I can't wait for the sequel which Google has informed me will release sometime in 2018. 

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...