If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Book Review: My Commander By Alanea Alder

My Commander
(Bewitched and Bewildered #1)
By Alanea Alder


Length: 236 pages
Published: October 3rd 2014

In book one you meet our delicious Alpha Unit leader Aiden McKenzie. When the topic of grandchildren comes up during a weekly sewing circle the matriarchs of the founding families seek out the witch Elder to scry to see if their sons have mates. They are shocked to discover that many of their son’s mates are out in the world and are human!
Fearing that their future human daughter in laws will end up dead before being claimed and providing them with grandchildren to spoil, they convince their own mates that something must be done. After gathering all of the warriors together in a fake award ceremony the witch Elder casts a spell to pull the men’s mates to them, whether they want it or not.

Aiden is adamant that he doesn’t need a mate and that they would only get in the way, little does he realize Fate is sending him his mate first! He meets his destined mate Meryn Evans and things go downhill from there. In the first twenty four hours she kicks, screams and knocks her bear shifting mate unconscious. They eventually discover that life before finding each other may have been good, but life afterwards is perfect, even if it involves super soaker battles and accidentally discharging hand grenades.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&NiBooks |

My Review:

(This review is based solely on the 32% of the book that I read. For all I know the story could have gotten better and the characters could have evolved.)

I couldn't take this anymore when I hit 32%. Conversations with most of the character's seemed forced and unnatural. It was like they were having a competition to see who could be the most sarcastic and get away with it. I also can't make myself recall either of their names. That's how much I liked reading this story.

The heroine seemed to have a personality disorder. She acted nice and gentle in one instant and the next she was climbing on a table to be at head level with her "mate" (P.S. More like complete stranger) so she could scream at him that he was a (insert swear word here). It got exhausting keeping up with her. I understand being sarcastic and a bit excited for what's to come, but I just couldn't stomach her level of crazy.

He was a complete stranger who one moment is cold and wants to keep his distance and the next he's feeling her up and promising her everything. They had a few bits of sweet conversation, but most of it went down the window because of the rest of the book (that I read).

Conclusion: I really wanted to like this. Specially after reading all of the positive reviews. Unfortunately it didn't happen. 

P.S. How this book an average of 4 stars on Goodreads and Amazon is beyond me.

Favorite Quotes:

Weren't possible for this book.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...