If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 30, 2021

Audio Book Review: Hush, Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush
(Hush, Hush #1)
By Becca Fitzpatrick

Length: 8 hours and 55 minutes
Narrator: Caitlin Greer

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

* Anything in red is a spoiler.

This is the second time I'm reading this book and I just figured out that my 14-year-old self had very questionable taste in books. How I found this story and its characters good it really beyond me at this point.

I disliked how much of a crappy friend and how dense Vee was. Even with Nora telling her she was uncomfortable with some people and how they assaulted her she would just blow it off like it was nothing. If that's a friend you don't need any enemies. I also disliked how every female character besides Nora and her mom were complete b's with itches. Since when is it ok for women to be rude to other women always?

Patch rubbed me the wrong way in SO many ways! How someone can fall for a guy who treats them like a subpar human being is also beyond me. If this is what my 14-year-old self liked I'm glad it was a phase and that it passed. All the secrets and how it was revealed that he high-key stalked her for months before he even manipulated a teacher to meet her. It just made me feel dirty inside.

Nora was an average blank slate character. Her friend manipulated her into things she didn't want to make happen in the first place and she didn't know how to stand up for herself in a meaningful way. She had a few good ideas for her so-called short-lived investigation but they never panned out or she got caught in a life or death situation beforehand.

The ending was OK. I liked that Patch proved that he wasn't after her for his benefit (because he fell for her *sarcastic swoon*). She's left to deal with the consequences of what happened and Vee finally proved herself to be useful for once in her idiotic life.

As I mentioned, in the beginning, this was technically a re-read and I was very excited about it until I actually started reading it. At 14 I never finished this series. It lost me with an amnesia storyline and I never picked it up again. I think I'll stop with this book this time and not look back. With all that being said I still ADORE this cover! It's been on permanent rotation for my computer wallpaper for 8+ years and I'm not going to stop now!

The Audio Book:

The narration wasn't my favorite, but it was OK. Patch's voice was weird sounding and though I got used to it I still dislike how forced it sounded. This narrator doesn't have much of a range of believable male voices. 

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Lol! This is why I NEVER re-read books I loved as a teen! Teenagers are weird, angsty creatures who love to relate to characters who get taken advantage of and nobody believes or cares for. It's the "nobody understands me" phase that luckily most of us grow out of as we age.😘
    You'll laught, Mikky, I watched ET a few years ago and I was shouting at the TV for someone to kill the alien - it was posioning Elliot!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? That actually rings true! Why I got it in my head to re-read this I'll never know. My mood reader brain works in mysterious ways I guess *facepalm*.😅

      Oh no! LOL! That's horrible! I don't think I'll rewatch movies I loved as a kid. My nostalgia is going to have to be enough 😂

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...