If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 4, 2019

Book Review: Enchanted Chaos: Sky & Foster's Novel By Jessica Sorensen

Enchanted Chaos Series:
Sky & Foster's Novel
(Enchanted Chaos #1 - 2)
By Jessica Sorensen

This set is the non-reverse harem version of my novels, Enchanted Chaos (Enchanted Chaos, Book 1) and Shimmering Chaos (Enchanted Chaos, Book 2 (engthened edition).

Enchanted Chaos (Enchanted Chaos Series, Book 1):

Seventeen-year-old Skylin has always lived a fairly normal life. Well, except for the fact that whenever her emotions run high, strange things occur, like fires starting out of nowhere or the ground freezing over.

Still, her life hasn't been too terrible until the day her parents vanish into thin air, and she’s shipped off to live with her father's friend and his six sons.

Skylin isn’t sure if she can survive the chaos that is the Everettson family. But she doesn’t have a choice unless her parents are found, so she tries to make the best of the situation and befriend the Everettsons, even though not all of them are fans of her, especially Foster, a guy she once had a crush on until he opened his mouth.

But turns out, the Everettsons aren’t your typical family, and Skylin soon realizes she's not the only person in the world that has strange abilities. And in order to survive the dangerous magical world she’s thrown into, she’ll have to put her trust in the not only the Everettsons, but Foster as well.

Shimmering Chaos (Enchanted Chaos Series, Book 2) (the lengthened edition):

Skylin's life is quickly turning into a chaotic mess the longer she stays with the Everettsons. Not only is something as simple as going to school dangerous, but her dreams of darkness are becoming more frequent and intense.

Fortunately, she has Foster to help her.

But things start to get complicated when an incident at school causes the wall around Skylin to begin to dissolve, revealing secrets hidden behind it.

A supernatural paranormal romance.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |


My Review Of Book #1:

This started off iffy and then grew into something I couldn't put down! I loved the concept with the powers and the different universe they came from. Though the six male characters did blur together for me, with the exception of Foster and Max.

Skylin is thrust into a not-so-steller situation when her parents disappear. Even though she only has a few months until her 18th birthday she's being obligated to move in with a family she's never even heard of. Her attitude, anger, and bitterness are understandable from the beginning. I liked how she developed a backbone of steel throughout the story. I also liked how she was still unsure about Foster after all the new information that was thrown at her in the first book.

I wasn't a fan of Foster from the beginning. The reason Max was one of the guys that stood out to me was because I liked how he treated Skylin and welcomed her even though the circumstances weren't ideal. Foster was standoffish and a complete jerk for at least the first half of the first book. It's later revealed the reason behind that but I'm still on edge about it. He also turned into a different person through those revelations. So we'll see how I feel about him in the next book.

Overall I liked this story! I love that the author released a non-reverse harm version of it. Reverse harm novels aren't for me. I always find myself liking the overall storylines of reverse harm novels so it was great to read the story and not have all that in between. 

My Favorite Quotes:

"The truth sort of hurts like a b*tch, though."


"You're about as chill as a god damn pixie jacked up on faerie dust."

My Rating:


__________________________________________
My Review Of Book #2:

This was a great continuation of the initial story! Everything felt like it started moving at a faster pace. Though I would have liked there to be more story in between Sky getting attacked or in trouble.

Sky still has her backbone in this novel. Though as kick*ss as she's supposed to be, things work in her favor way too many times by sheer dumb luck. I would love to see her get a handle on her powers and start living up to what everyone loves to say about her being so damn special and unique. 

Foster has melted my heart in this novel enough for me to be open to the idea of liking him. His backstory is presented at the beginning of this book and I can understand where he's coming from and how he's had to live before finding Sky. He's actually very sweet and kind. He doesn't push her into anything she doesn't want and asks for consent on a regular basis.

Overall this is a good story and I'm very curious as to how this family and Sky save their worlds. The world building wasn't as prominent in this book but I still liked what was presented.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Trust. What a strangely foreign word. A strangely foreign word that is frightening to feel."

"But one day, you'll let go of the past and trust yourself."

"She said that love was like this wonderful but chaotic burst of emotions that consumed her."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...