If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Five Topics That Will Make Me NOT Pick Up A Book

Hiya My Little Predators!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!


Top Ten Tuesdays will be on hiatus until August 15th, 2017.
During those weeks I'll be going through their archives and posting about topics I missed!

Top Five Topics That Will Make Me
NOT Pick Up A Book


- Love triangles. I've learned my lesson. Very few authors can pull off a love triangle that won't come across as a filler just to add drama and make the novel longer. I've become jaded to the subject. I won't willingly walk into a novel that I know will have a love triangle nowadays.

- Mean girl "redemptions". I've had the luck of picking up a few of these types of books without knowing that it would redeem a "mean" character of this supposed stand alone series. I don't like those storylines. Chances are if I were reading the series I would rather see her disappear or die than to read a book about redeeming her.

- Over dramatic anything. At one point I found drama in books fun, now I despise it. For the most part, it's only there to make the story longer and does nothing for the actual plotline. I've had enough drama in my life to last me 10 lifetimes, so you'll have to forgive me for not wanting it in the books I read.

- Second chance love. This is a recent annoyance of mine. There are/have been exceptions to the rule where the author did a fantastic job of making me overlook that detail and provided an amazing story for it. Overall, it's something I will consciously shy away from (for the moment).

- Pregnancies & kids. I don't know why I consciously stay away from books that involve these subjects. Just like the last topic mentioned, there are/have been exceptions to this rule as well. There are books that I adore that involve these subjects, but if the synopsis mentions them in some way I will think twice about picking it up.

Do you shy away from certain topics in books?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...