If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Cover Trends I Like & Dislike

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to the Top Ten Tuesday meme!!

It's a weekly feature created By The Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Tuesdays will be on hiatus until August 15th, 2017.
During those weeks I'll be going through their archives and posting about topics I missed!

Book Cover Trends I Like & Dislike

5 Trends I LIKE:

- Vibrante and in your face colorful covers

- Covers featuring powerful and bad*ss looking women

- Shirtless and tattooed men ;)

- Single focus covers where only one object that relates to the story is featured on the cover on a simple background. Minimalist covers (that are done right) are beautiful.

- Creative art covers. They are usually on the minimalistic side of covers, but depending on the design and color palette they are gorgeous.

5 Trends I DISLIKE:

- Covers featuring beautiful ball gowns that have nothing to do with the story. It's there for esthetic purposes only. It's beautiful, but doesn't say anything about the book.

- Clean new adult or (sometimes even) young adult books with covers that would look better in the erotica section.

- Covers that have clashing colors.

- Books that use the same cover photos as other more popular books. With so many to choose from I don't understand the need to use the same photo and not change a SINGLE DETAIL. Am I the only one that's bothered by this?

- Font's that are somewhat strange and borderline unreadable from 2 feet away.

Am I the only one that despise books that use the same cover photo as other more popular books?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...