If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, July 7, 2017

App Review: Write App

Write App

"- Distraction Free

All the buttons and options fade out gently as you begin typing.

- Multiple Fonts

Choose from set of 8 handpicked fonts or go ahead and use your own font.

- Tags

Organize your notes with Tags. All tags will be automatically saved to Maverick's Finder.

- Syntax Highlighting

Automatically highlights most commonly used Markdown syntaxes.

- Butter Smooth

Highly optimized scrolling performance so no matter how large your document is, it'll be super smooth.

- Live Word Count

Not just simple word count, hover your mouse over count & see detailed document statistics."

For more a more indepth look at what this app can do for you please visit their official website. This app is available for ios devices and mac computers.

My Review:

* I was offered this app, free of charge, in exchange of an honest review.

This app made writing my book reviews at night so much more relaxing because it has a 'night mode'. I've lost count of the amount of apps that I've had on my computer to dim and warm the screen coloring enough to make writing at night comfortable (without a light source somewhere near me).


The fade out of all the distractions (buttons, side bars, extra features, etc.) when you start to write makes for an all around more productive writing session. The grammar correction feature is more intuitive and faster acting than the one blogger uses (which can be a hit or miss at times depending on the word). A feature I didn't use (because I can't write reviews on my phone) that seemed very interesting was the cloud storage. This would probably be great for someone who's writing a book or working on a big project. They would be able to switch between computers, phones and tablets and let their creativity shine at all times with this app.

Overall I had a great experience and will avidly continue to use it's night mode to my advantage in the wee hours to write everything my heart desires. I also have to mention that this worked great even though my computer (early 2011 macbook pro) is old and doesn't like to cooperate with new apps.

My Rating:





Disclosure: I am not affiliated with the company this app belongs to or this app in any way outside of this post. I didn't receive any compensation for this post. I was offered this app, free of charge, in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...