If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Book Review: Tempting Raven By Jessica Sorensen

Tempting Raven
(Curse of the Vampire Queen #1)
By Jessica Sorensen

Eighteen-year-old Raven was just an ordinary vampire until Fate chose her as the new vampire queen. And Fate has a twisted sense of humor because it chose Rhyland Midnitegale as king, who just happens to be her sworn enemy.

Raven isn’t thrilled about ruling with Rhyland, but if she doesn’t step up to her title, the chaos, rebellions, and murders taking over the vampire world will only continue to get worse. So she accepts the position, but secretly hopes that maybe Fate will change its mind.

She soon learns that being queen comes with many rules. Rules that bind her heart and soul to Rhyland in ways she never imagined. Rules that keep her life out of danger from outside threats. Rules that she must follow or the entire vampire kingdom pays the price.

But dangers may be lurking close by, and Raven may be cursed with more than just the title of the queen.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. It started off very typical with the main character pulling the woe-is-me card and having no friends. What happened after that blew everything out of the water. Though I would love it if the author had gotten this book through a few more rounds of editing.

I liked Raven. She's the type of character that I see myself in if I were ever in her shoes. She's suspicious and questions everything. She wants explanations for (what seem to be) very simple and straightforward questions. I love that she doesn't give up. Her attitude and sassy remarks made her all the more likable in my eyes.

Rhyland almost won me over, but the cryptic conversations that Raven overheard and his avoidance of what should have been easy to answer questions got old very fast. He also seemed to read her mind during a few scenes (let me point out that he specifically stated that he doesn't have that ability). He was overall cagey and his brother didn't help matters in the slightest. 

By the end, I was already putting a few pieces together and had somewhat of an inkling to what could have been happening. Even though I ended up being wrong, it was even better than I imagined. I want to know if what happened in that ending is what made Rhyland bully Raven when they were younger? Can she actually trust him? These questions are circling my mind and I want the answers to them.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I'm all jokes and sarcasm."

"(...) My future, which felt like it had finally just started, is no longer mine."

"And Fate knows what it's doing (...)"

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...