If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Book Review: False Illusions By A. Cramton

False Illusions
(False #1)
By A. Cramton

Madison had it all; the wealth, the amazing condo and engaged to the boxing Heavyweight Champion of the World. 

But in reality all she had was loneliness. 

Until he showed up.

Yoel’s plan was bulletproof. 

Get in and get out, win the title. 

He did his homework but not well enough. 

He wasn’t prepared for her.

One night changes everything. 

One lie blurs the lines.

When the lust and smoke clears will everything just be a false illusion?

Or will it be the biggest fight of all?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |
My Review:

* This review may contain spoilers.

I'll start off by setting the mood for this review: I disliked this book. I can't say I hated it because that would be too strong of a word, but it got to the point of me rethinking my decision to start this novel and wanting to never touch it again.  

I sympathized with Madison in the first few chapters and I'm all for 'Girl Power' and what not, but when you resort to going behind someone's back and cheating on them (even if they're cheating on you) I'm not on your side. It would have been easier on everyone if she had just stood up for herself sooner instead of putting herself through the guilt and the secrecy. 

I didn't really like Yoel from the start. He confessed to lying to her about how he didn't know her when, since the beginning, it was all planned out. The only kink in his plan was him falling in love and to that I say 'good riddance'. 

The back and forth with a barely there plot finished sinking this novel in my opinion. I kept waiting for a big plot twist that never came and that by itself was disappointing enough. I also found Madison's best friend Chelsea weird because she would go behind Madison's back and report everything to Yoel. Last time I checked that's not a very good friend.

My Favorite Quotes:

"It was time to make me happy and stop trying to make everyone else happy."

"You're responsible for your own happiness. Anyone who wants you to live in misery for their happiness should not be in your life to begin with."

My Rating:
&½

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...