If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, June 2, 2014

Book Review: Rules of Survival By Jus Accardo

Rules of Survival
By Jus Accardo




Length: 290 pages
Expected Publication: June 2nd 2014
Published By: Entangled Embrace



If you want to survive, you have to follow the rules…
Mikayla Morgan is wanted for her mother's murder. She's been on the run for almost a year now, avoiding not only the police but the real killer. Tired of running and desperate to clear her name, she breaks one of the most sacred rules: never return to the scene of the crime.

Every bounty hunter on the Eastern Seaboard is after the Morgan girl—but Shaun Denver and his partner snagged her. She's a piece of work, and Shaun can't decide if he wants to kiss her or kill her. When things take a sharp turn south, Shaun does the only thing he can think of to keep her close—he handcuffs them together.

As the danger mounts and the killer closes in, the chemistry between them threatens to explode. Shaun and Kayla will need to break all the rules if they hope to get out of this alive.



Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:


*I was provided an eARC by the publisher in exchange of an honest review.

I'll start this review by being honest: I don't usually read thriller/mystery books. With that said, please bare with me. I wanted to read this book because of TWO things: a) My name is used as the main characters name, but (of course) the author misspelled it (LOL, I just had to throw that in there C:); b) I LOVE Jus Accardo as an author, so I will give anything she writes a chance.

I would consider this more mystery than suspense and add a pinch of overwhelming frustration and you get this novel! The whole time I was waiting for something of EPIC proportions to happen and it never did. Well, the 'events' happened, but it was ALWAYS pure coincidence. That they even managed to find the guy responsible for everything was a miracle.

Mikayla (I still think it should be Mikaella like my name, BUT....) AKA Kayla was an adventurous, not-easily-trusting person. In her short life she has been around the world and back. All that because of her mothers past coming to bite her [mother] back in the a** for all her [mother] wrong doings. After doing something so out of character is hurts, she get caught (didn't see that coming, right?) and the story starts off from there.
"Do it yourself because no one else is going to do it for you. That was one of her rules."
Shuan was the typical macho guy that starts out despising her and ends up saving her. Their story was just too stereo typical. I guessed a lot of it and the 10% I didn't wasn't at the level of epic that I was expecting.
"Of all the people on earth for me to be shackled to, the universe sends a cocky, know-it-all a**hole with a perfect body and face of a demigod, rocking an attitude?"
Over all, this was a nice and fast read. If I had been more of a fan of this type of book I would have enjoyed this more. As much as I wanted to love this, unfortunately it ended up being an average read.

Favorite Quotes:

"So, what do you want to do tomorrow? 'Cause I'm thinking if you haven't got any plans, maybe we could try pissing off the Mafia. That'd be a fun change of pace."

"There are just some things you don't do. Call it common sense, self-preservation, or simply intuition."

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...