If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Book Review: Rusty Nail By Lani Lynn Vale

Rusty Nail
(Uncertain Saint's MC #6)
By Lani Lynn Vale
He knows that pain makes you stronger…

Wolf isn’t always a good person, and he doesn’t hesitate to say what’s on his mind.

He is who he is, and he doesn’t offer apologies.

He isn’t out to impress anyone, and he doesn’t make excuses for his actions.

She knows that fear makes you braver…

Raven has made some bad decisions, and she’d give anything to go back in time and choose a different path.

The reality is that she can’t go back, and the day Wolf walks into her life, she finally realizes that maybe she doesn’t want to.

Wolf is everything she’s ever wanted, and the exact opposite of what she needs.

They both know heartbreak makes you wiser…

Wolf knows that this is not a good idea. There are a million reasons—all of them bad—telling him exactly why he should stay away.

But when Raven’s nightmares burst out of her dreams and into her reality, he doesn’t have a choice anymore.

He has to protect her, while somehow protecting his battered heart.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

This novel started off so good and I was hoping it'd be a new favorite of mine, but unfortunately that's not how it turned out. I went into this book solely based on the synopsis I read on Amazon. I had not heard of this series nor have I read any of the other books in this series. From the reviews I've read it seems like this character has been built up from previous books and during the novel it did seem like I was missing a few pieces of the story.

I started out really liking Wolf, but it went downhill from the 60% mark. I ended up despising how domineering and "alpha" he became out of nowhere. Something else that bothered me was the lack of a glove from the second time they slept together and onward. Even though the heroine (Raven) especifically asked for it. 

Raven started out being a victim who become strong and fierce. I found it strange that other than in the beginning of the book her trauma isn't even mentioned again. I also found it oh so cringy when she got a tattoo of Wolf's name on her body. I understand it's a book, but if it were in real life she'd have no guarantees that she'd be with him forever. Why would she tattoo his name on her body permanently? There was also a scene that rubbed me the wrong way because Wolf wanted to get some and she plainly told him no, but he went on with it anyway. Maybe I've been reading/watching too much of the news, but doesn't that constitute as rape?

Overall this novel started out very promising, but slowly yet surely went downhill. Though that the writing was pretty good and the narration of the story was great, I can't say amazing things about this story.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Why are there so many warning labels? What happened to survival of the fittest?"

"I was a lone wolf. I only had me to count on."

"If it has tires or testicles, it's going to give you problems."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...