If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Audio Book Review: Risk By Dannika Dark

Risk
(Mageri World #1)
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 10 hours 6 minutes
WHEN A GAME OF CHANCE BECOMES A FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL.

Simon Hunt is a masterful Mage when it comes to knives, solving puzzles, and women. But when a Mageri Councilman asks for a personal favor, his skills are put to the test. He reluctantly accepts the impossible job of training a young Learner who is beyond anyone’s help. She’s beautiful, cunning, and disabled. If he succeeds, he’ll receive a hefty paycheck. But if he fails, more is at stake than merely his reputation.

A compelling tale about two lost souls with dark secrets and the unique connection they share. Simon is her last hope… and perhaps she is his.

Has Simon finally met his match?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

I am so surprised I enjoyed this book as much as I did. I've tried reading the Mageri Series and I couldn't even get through an hour of the audio book because it gave me a headache. I've read so many positive reviews and yet I still dread having to pick it up again. This book could possibly change my mind set.

I am such a big fan of Simon. I adored his witty humor and sexual innuendos. They were just the right amount of funny, but didn't come across as vulgar. I liked how he kept refusing to rush into a relationship and how he kept saying he isn't a hero. He's one of those characters that will stand out for a good while because, at least in the books I read, character's like this are rare gems to be found.

Ella was a very intriguing character and yet had me guessing for quite a while. I liked how the relationship (with the circumstances that were presented) never felt like insta-love. Both characters used their brains and rationalized everything which made it all the more realistic and entertaining to read/listen too.

The ending left something to be desired because it felt like the end of the adventure, but not the end of their story (if that makes any sense). The novel ended at what seems like a natural ending point, but I know there's a continuation to it all. THERE HAS TO BE. 

The Audio Book:

I loved, loved, loved the narration by Nicole Poole. Simons accent seemed so genuine to my ears and Ella's stonic level tone added so much to the story. I loved to see the voice range this narrator had with so many characters.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...