If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Book Review: Jockblocked (Gridiron #2) By Jen Frederick

Jockblocked
(Gridiron #2)
By Jen Frederick

She’s always played it safe…

College junior Lucy Washington abides by one rule—avoid risk at all costs. She’s cautious in every aspect of her life, from her health, to her mock trial team, to the boring guys she dates. When a brash, gorgeous jock walks into the campus coffee shop and turns his flirt on, Lucy is stunned by the force of attraction. For the first time ever, she’s willing to step out of her comfort zone, but can she really trust the guy who’s determined to sweep her off her feet?

He’s always played around…

Entering his last year of college eligibility, linebacker Matthew "Matty" Iverson has the team captaincy in his sights. And it’s his for the taking, if he can convince his quarterback Ace Anderson to give up the starting position. Luckily, Matty already has an edge—the hottie he’s lusting over just happens to be Ace’s childhood best friend. Getting Lucy on his side and in his bed? Hell yeah. Matty is more than confident he can have both, but when he falls hard for Lucy, it’s time for a new game plan: convince the woman of his dreams that she’s not sleeping with the enemy.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review.)


My Review:

* Just a warning about this review because it got very ranty.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I didn't really like this book. This probably relates to my expectations being SO high because I enjoyed the first book in this series so much. I was hoping this one was going to be even better, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

I'll start off with what I disliked about this book (in list form):

- Coach whats-his-face. What a petty and sad old man. If screaming and demanding is how he "trains" this team, then I'm scared for all the people that think this is normal. In my opinion, treating people with respect earns you their respect and consequently makes them work harder. I'm not a fan of american football, so I can't really say if this is considered 'normal' or not. I just don't agree with it. Also, instead of getting mad at Ace, why didn't he say something to his daughter, because when two people don't want it, it simply doesn't happen.

- Ace. I was close to pulling my hair out over Ace's inconsiderateness and overall jackassery. I don't understand why in his mind everything he was doing to Lucy was OK and that it wouldn't have consequences. I understand he's had a rough childhood, but that doesn't excuse his actions in my book.

Now that I've gotten that off my shoulders, I'll tell you what I liked about this book. 

I really liked Matty and I wasn't expecting to. I barely remember him from the first book, but it was a nice surprise (even though I wanted a Jack or Ty book). I enjoyed how he wooed her in the beginning and the pacing of it all was steady.

Being in Lucy's mind was scary at times because she overanalyzed everything. Most times it was interesting, but by the end it was getting tiresome. I did like her as a whole and I felt she and Matty had very good chemistry.

Overall, I am looking forward to the next book in this series. My dislike of those characters made it so I didn't enjoy this book. I will say the writing and the pacing of the story as a whole was good. Though I do hope that the next book in this series ISN'T Ace's book because it'll make me think twice about picking it up or not. I'm still hoping for Jack or Ty's book.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I'd much rather be one of the happy, oblivious sheep than the stressed-out shepard who has to guide them."

"The odds are in my favor. Risky behavior is labeled risky because there's a chance someone is going to get hurt. There's nothing negative with wanting to avoid being hurt or injuring someone you care about."

"There is a difference between being cautious and being cowardly."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...