If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, March 11, 2016

My Ramblings: Do You Need To Like The Protagonist To Enjoy A Book?

Hiya My Little Predators!!



Do You Need To Like The Protagonist To Enjoy A Book?

The answer to that question is a resounding yes. I like to think of myself as a very open minded person, but I have DNF books because the main heroine didn't stand up for herself and almost got beat up by her brothers, or simply let people stomp on her because, well, why not.

The protagonist has to be an extension of me in some way, even if it's the little things, like for example: nerd out about something unconventional or be witty. It makes me see myself in her and makes the story all that more plausible in my head even though it will always be fiction, unfortunately.

I have had instances where the main heroine was a bad a**, back talking, will shoot you because you're standing there b*itch and I still enjoyed the book because the author gave me enough of a backstory on why she was like that for me to sympathize with the situation and root for her.

Does the protagonist have to be like you?
Do you enjoy reading about your complete opposite?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...