If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Audio Book Review: Bind the Soul By Annette Marie

Bind the Soul
(Steel & Stone #2)
By Annette Marie

Narrated By: Jorjeana Marie
The most important rule for an Apprentice Consul is simple: Don't get involved with daemons. Well, Piper is planning to break that rule — big time.

After a near-deadly scandal with the Sahar Stone, she has the chance to return to the only life she's ever wanted. All she has to do to keep her Apprenticeship is forget about Ash and Lyre. Ash might be enigmatic and notoriously lethal, and Lyre might be as sinfully irresistible as he is irritating, but they’re not bad for a couple of daemons.

There's just one problem: Ash is missing.

Really, she shouldn't risk her future for him. He lied. He betrayed her. But he also saved her life, damn it. Wherever he is, he's in trouble, and if she doesn't save his sorry butt, who will? But with every dangerous secret she unravels, each one darker than the last, she slips deeper into Ash's world — a world with no escape for either of them.
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |
Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I lost count of the number of emotional highs and lows in this novel. Every action scene I found my heart pounding and always hoping for the best outcome (which sadly were few). I'm so emotionally spent and yet I still want more. It's like a train wreck waiting to happen, you simultaneously A) look at it and expect different results and B) want to be shielded from it because you are sick of getting caught in the crossfire.

The beginning of this novel was action packed and, though everything went a little too well, I still loved every second of it. I also liked the complexity of it all. Every time an enemy daemon died I was fist pumping the air in real life. 

Ash was very unstable this time around and for good reason (that I can't mention). He still found it in himself to be nice to Piper (when he was "lucid"). I am such a big Team Ash! I want them to share more than desperate kisses. They deserve at least a chapter where no one is after them or trying to kill them for some reason or another.

Piper really had a backbone, which I loved. That was the only thing about her that ticked me off in the first novel. She was fierce and made impossible things happen in bleak situations. I truly despised the ending (check the spoiler tab for more on this). It was totally uncalled for if you consider what they have been through as a team (Piper, Ash, Lyre & a mystery character that I can't say or it'll be yet another spoiler).

On last quick note: What a villain Samael turned out to be. Does he never give up? I was getting so angry with him popping up everywhere and ruining everything. 

**START OF SPOILER**
Highlight text to read.

What the heck was that ending?! How does a HUMAN school security compare to the power of three deamons and two dragonets? I don't understand the reason for the added pain. Can't Ash and Piper ever catch a break?

**ENDING OF SPOILER**

The Audio Book:

The audio book has entranced me. Considering that the length of this full story was over ten hours and I finished it within a day of starting it, the time passed very quickly. I still don't understand how I got through it so fast, but I can't wait to jump into the third book in this series with Jorjeana Marie has the narrator.

My Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...