If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent (Divergent #2)

Insurgent

MPAA Rating: PG-13
Director: Robert Schwentke
Writers: Brian Duffield (screenplay), Akiva Goldsman(screenplay)
Stars: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Theo James
One choice can transform you-or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships. Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
| IMDB |

My Review:

When considering the book I read both book #1 and #2. The Book Divergent blew my mind! I remember loving it. The movie was amazing as well. It actually got me to rewatch it 2 times. The Book Insurgent was OK. I remember thinking that it was a whole book of Tris, Four and the "gang" just roaming from faction to faction without anything changing and the danger getting closer and closer.

The movie Insurgent was one huge blur. One moment they were safe. Fast forward 3 seconds and all h*ll was breaking loose and they were on the run again. It was moving better then the book did, but it felt like that was TOO fast.

I also had a problem with Tris's hair. While reading the book I imagined a very choppy and slightly misaligned cut. In the movie Tris get's honest to goodness highlights in the span of a scene. I'll have to tell my hairdresser that. He's probably doing something wrong...

I also didn't understand how Tris made it out of the factionless compound without arousing suspicion or meeting at least one person who would ask her where the eff she thought she was going. I understand Four going after her because that's what he does. I don't understand how the factionless finally showed up to help in the ending when there wasn't even a scene that showed the leader or Four himself speaking to them and mapping out a plan in the first place.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...