If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Review: Burnt Devotion By Rebecca Ethington

Burnt Devotion
(Imdalind #5)
By Rebecca Ethington



Release Date: March 22, 2015

Burnt Devotion, Book 5 in the Imdalind Series.

Dawn of Ash - the previously announced book five has now been moved to book 6.

Yes! An extra book. If you have been waiting for the next installment of The Imdalind Series this is the book you have been waiting for!
______________

It was supposed to be the final battle, the one to end Edmund’s line, his life, and free the magic Edmund had taken from the world. That was how it was foreseen. The end of the battle that has raged for centuries, unbeknownst to the mortals around them, the battle that would end with Joclyn’s death.

But it did neither.

The battle still reigns, Joclyn still lives, and the sight that was given eight hundred years ago is broken.

And it’s not the only one.

Sights that were once thought infallible have become nothing more than scattered glass, with broken pieces shattering into incorrect visages. Sain clings to the magic that he knows to be true, but there is something else, something that he is not saying. And what he does say is no longer adding up.

Something is wrong.

Ilyan and his people move through the caves, following a sight they hope to be correct, fleeing a battle that should have been the end while the battle within each of them grows with each step.

Ryland fights the monsters his father has infected him with.

Wynifred fights the confusion of who she is.

Dramin fights to live.

Prague may not survive this battle, it may be ripped to shreds… or burned to ashes.
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* I was provided an eARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

I hate myself for not loving this book. The story did continue. The character's are evolving. I felt the twists and turns happening, but I just wasn't present for it all.

I went into this thinking I'd get the story from Jos or Ilyan and it ended up being more Wyn and Ryland. I dislike Ryland very much and I don't particularly want to be in Wyn's head. I guess it was my own fault for not coming to terms with what I wanted to happen VS what I was told would happen.

The first half of the book was a big summary of what happened in the last book, except in Wyn and Ryland's point of view. I skimmed those chapters like no one could because I simply don't care or want to know all the pain Ryland suffered or what the loss of someone special is doing to Wyn. 

I loved the two chapter's in Jos's point of view and how Jos and Ilyan help and care for each other. The bonus chapter in Ilyan's point of view was AWESOME! I need more of those moments in the actual story and not in the form of a bonus chapter.

The last chapter was what brought my back into the story. I totally wasn't expecting that. It was like a twist within a lie within a twist. Though I can't believe that Sain is that arrogant, but then again he's too secretive for his own good. Now I understand why this book got delayed. Sain did punch a nice big hole in things.

Favorite Quotes:

"Someone had handed me moldy lemonade, but I was definitely going to make the best of it."

"You and I are covered in scars, deep ones and shallow, but each of these scars has healed and created something stronger."

"They make us stronger, but not only on our own; together, too. They are the bonds that have created something amazing."


My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...