If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Book Review: Darkest Before Dawn By Pippa Dacosta

Darkest Before Dawn
(The Veil #3)
By Pippa Dacosta


Published: October 15th 2014

“It’s too late to save myself, but I’ll save her, even if it kills me.”

When Akil leaves a nine year old half-blood girl on Muse’s doorstep, it’s not long before the demons come hunting, but this time Muse isn’t the target. The Institute, Muse’s immortal brother, and the Princes of Hell, all want a piece of the little half-blood. What’s so special about Dawn, and why has Akil conveniently disappeared just as Muse needs answers?

To save the half-blood girl, Muse must first save herself, but is it already too late? Muse’s humanity is failing. Her demon hungers. The darkness coiled around her heart lures her toward madness. And all that stands between Muse and her demon’s lust for destruction, is the hope that some half-bloods do get happy endings.

The veil weakens. Titles will fall. A new Prince rises. And if Muse can’t stop them, the demons will have their day.
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

* An eCopy was provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

I really, really, REALLY want to strangle something. You're probably wondering why the sudden violent streak, well I blame Mrs. Dacosta for creating such a wonderful and heart wrenching book. 

It just isn't getting any easier for poor old Muse. This time around she's been shot, caged and manipulated....so the usual. Akil has dumped a 9 year old for Muse to keep "safe" and things just go to Hell (almost literally...hehe). Conclusion: The crap Muse is putting up with is officially Akil's fault. 

Akil has once again gotten his way with events. Which was VERY surprising because for a minute there I thought Muse was actually his equal and could handle him and decipher his diabolical and very well played plan of attack.

As much as it pains me to say, Stefan is just...URGH! I don't even know how to finish that sentence. I am 100% Team Stefan so I was pretty angry with the turn of events. Not necessarily on what happened, but with the unknown. I pretty much speed read through the last chapter so I may have missed/misunderstood something, but I did not like the turn of events. I need facts not maybes, theories or assumptions.

Just one more thing: The epilogue was a jaw dropper. 

Favorite Quotes:

"You must have me confused with another sociopathic demon."

"Sometimes, there is o right thing. Sometimes wrong wins, and that's okay. Life can't be distilled down to right and wrong. It's about that messy grey area in between and how we deal with it."

"A Prince of Hell feared me. What kind of monster did that make me?"

"I am chaos eternal. I desire everything in this world and the next offers. I am greed. I hunger. [...] Oh, how I hunger... I want the pathetic mortals of this world to bow before me. I want all that they own, all they desire, every marvelous creation of theirs, but there is only one thing in this world that I need, and that Muse, is you."


My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...