If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, April 25, 2014

Book Review: Touching Fire By Airicka Phoenix

Touching Fire 
(Touch #2) 
By Airicka Phoenix

Published: January 2014

Finding her past was supposed to end the nightmare. Only it was just the beginning.
Entrusting the fate of the world, not to mention her and Isaiah’s life to a father she’s never met is a big leap of faith on Fallon’s part. But it’s a necessary risk. Ashton is the key to protecting Isaiah and keeping her out of Garrison’s clutches. He is also the only one who can tell her what she is, except what she learns is that she is from a world that is far more dangerous than anyone could possibly imagine.

As her powers grow out of control, Fallon must pick between her mortality and a legacy that does not include Isaiah. She must summon the courage to face a destiny that will test the boundaries of everything she has ever known. But most of all, she must protect Isaiah from the monster within herself and trust the man whose toxic blood runs through her veins.

Danger builds as power clashes between two evils, both seeking her to tip the scales to eternal darkness and suffering.

Can humanity rise to face an ancient calling to which Fallon is powerless to stop? Can she protect those she cares about, or will their blood forever stain her hands?

Touch Vengeance. Touch Malice. Touch Fire.
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:

This is one of those series that takes forever to release, but when it releases you know your in for a VERY wild, plot twist infested ride. This was actually one of the FIRST books I've re-read. Please keep in mind that when I read a book, unless it means something to me or is signed, I usually never pick it up again. I LOVED that this was one of the exceptions.

There is NEVER a dull moment in this story. There's an I-hope-it-becomes-a-love-triangle-but-not-really kind of thing going on. There's also a lot of action and people being deceived. Don't even get me started on the amount of plot twists being thrown our way. I didn't know up from down half the time in this book. It was SO refreshing C:

Fallon still doesn't have all the solutions to her problems. Heck, she's a teenager. She's supposed to be insecure and dreaming about Isaiah *wink wink*. Add in her would-be-friend of a dad and Isaiah's faith in the guy and something smells fishy. There were so much revelations in this book. I can't comment on them because it would give a lot away. So I'll just say: It was AWESOME and leave it at that.

Isaiah was Isaiah. He was caring, sweet and believed in her the entire way. Because Fallon doesn't know what to do and keeps taking other people's help, she gets in a lot of trouble and, consequently, Isaiah usually takes to brunt of the attack and Fallon goes half crazy (literally. Read the book. You'll understand why C:).

Archer was crazy cute with his one liner's! He's the this-should-be-a-love-triangle-but-I'm-on-the-fence-with-my-feelings guy. When he enters the story you know her dad is up to something and that Archer is CLEARLY involved. You just don't know what for sure. He was still an awesome character and I hope to see him in future novels.

That ending left me on the edge of my seat and totally craving more! Why the mean cliffhanger Mrs. Phoenix? Cliffhangers really hurt my feelings =/

Favorite Quotes:

"Life really was one big box of freaking mystery chocolates and I was quickly becoming diabetic."

"I'm a sin, not a virtue." .....Insider C;

"Your pathetic morality, your human drive to shun things your puny mind cannot comprehend will be the nail that sails your coffin. Don't be blind, Princess. Open your eyes and see the truth I am giving you because is it the only truth you will ever have."

My Rating:
 & ½

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...