If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Book Review: Forged By Jennifer Rush

Forged
(Altered #0.5)
By Jennifer Rush


Before Anna and Sam, there was Dani and Sam.
There's one rule that all Branch operatives must live by: No attachments. When Dani O'Brien entered the Branch, she planned to trade her freedom so that her family could have a better life. But joining up with the mysterious organization is more than she bargained for. Branch head Connor watches over her closely--too closely. The training is brutal, the experiments are secret, and the missions promise to be anything but ordinary. The only thing getting Dani through each day is the hope that she'll run into Sam--a young man, about her age, who wears the world on his shoulders.

Find out how it all began in this short-story prequel to Jennifer Rush's thrilling and suspenseful Altered series.

Goodreads Button

Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)



My Review:


From the opening synopsis line I thought I was going to get to immerse myself in the relationship that was, at one point, Dani and Sam. Unfortunately that wasn't what I got. This was actually just a REALLY short, vague and unnecessary background story on what Dani went through. I already had a vague idea of what happened I didn't really need a novella written up on it.

Dani seems like a nice enough girl. Since she and Anna are sisters, both had a bad family life. Since Anna is younger she never got the brunt of it. Dani was made an offer she couldn't refuse and because she cared for Anna she accepted. It's pretty sad since everything she did was in vain and the sh*t hit the fan anyway that the end. I suspect Erased (Book #2) will elaborate a little more on this aspect of Dani and Anna's life.

We (readers) barely got to be in the presence of Sam. That's what I was looking for when I got this. To say I was annoyed is putting it mildly. I wanted to know how Sam was before he met Anna and started to care for her. I wanted to know what he saw in Dani from the beginning when she just started training. I wanted to know why they got separated and what he did to have his memory erased (which is where Altered kicks off).

Overall it was well written and the plot moved that a descent pace. I just had my expectations toward one thing and got something completely different. So it's my bad. 

Favorite Quotes:

No favorite quotes for this novella.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...