If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, August 2, 2013

Book Review: Scorched Treachery By Rebecca Ethington

Scorched Treachery
(Imdalind #3)
By Rebecca Ethington



Published: July 11th, 2013

While Joclyn is trapped in the tormenting hell of Cail’s mind, the battle around her only continues to grow and spread.
*

Edmund has infiltrated the underground hallways of Prague, guiding the massacre that would end the lives of the last of the great magical race. In her attempts to stop him, Wynifred has been captured and her magic restrained. Chained up in the ancient dungeons of Prague, her fate is left in the hands of her father, who has tried to kill her before.

With Ryland’s screams and Sain’s fragmented sights as her only company, Wyn must rely on something that has been hidden deep inside of her for centuries to help them break free.

*

Ilyan’s whole life has been building up to one purpose. Protect the Silnį»³. He knows what he must do, and he has no doubt in his ability to do so.

But when his father’s magic removes Joclyn’s mind from her body, he is left protecting the shell of the one person he loves. Desperate to find a way to break her free of her prison, he makes a choice. And that one choice changes everything.

Now, Ilyan finds himself bound to Joclyn in a way that he never knew to be possible.

They say that blood is thicker than water, but Black Water burns, and Ilyan’s heart may not be strong enough to keep it pumping through his veins and give the girl he loves back into his brother’s care.

Even if he can, it may not be safe to do so.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:  

I am truly disappointed with how this book turned out. I was expecting the story to continue from where it left off, but all I got was a lot of background story on Wyn (which I really didn't need to understand the book). I would have been happier if the author had written a Novella on Wyn's story, which I would not have read and carried on in the book. When the continuation finally started off where I wanted it too I was on the second to last chapter and they flew by too fast.
   
The only story that matters to me is Ilyan's and Joclyn's story. I don't want to know how Ryland passed the 2 weeks Joclyn was out and what happened to Wyn and Talon at the same period of time. I found myself skimming all of Wyn's chapters and even Ilyan's chapters as well since I already had an idea of what was going on at the time I didn't need him to recap all of that from his point of view.
   
I absolutely love damsels in distress who then become strong and save the world in a storyline. That's was I was expecting when I started this book considering the cliffhanger in book 2. All I got was a copy of book 2 in other characters perspectives. 
   
In my opinion, the author could have easily continued where book 2 left off and have Joclyn's visions explain what had happened to Wyn, Talon, Ryland and Sain or she could have had Sain explain everything to Ilyan who could then would pass the information onto the reader (in this case Joclyn's point of view).  Anyhow, I will be eagerly anticipating book 4 and wishing the storyline moves forward from there.

Favorite Quotes:

"She loves him Ryland. Joclyn loves Ilyan more than she loves you. What are you going to do about it?"

"Without question, he had proved that to me again and again. No, he was love because I loved him".

"I love you, and I will always protect you".

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...