If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 2, 2022

Monthly Recap: April 2022

April!

The saga of the allergic reaction continues! I posted, probably a few years ago at this point, that my eyes were burning and that an allergist did a total of ~5 blood tests and washed her hands of me. Well, this month was where I finally got some answers about my "allergies"! I put it in quotations because apparently, it's not a *true* allergic response. A *true* allergy response would have my immune system in hyperdrive and according to a very specific blood test that's not what's happening. I'm getting allergy-like symptoms and that's the end of it. There's no way to treat the cause because it's "reactive". That's the word the doctor used. I can only treat the symptoms on the surface and hope it eventually goes away. It's usually caused by something in the air that my body thinks is evil. That means being in the vicinity of smoke, strong fragrances, dust, and anything else that can be airborne makes my body ring the alarm for idiotic symptoms that feel like hell.  Another great idea would be living in a bubble. I wish that were possible on the worse days.

On a better note, I read books this month? I'm questioning myself on that one because I mostly just pushed myself through most of the books this month. The War Of Two Queens really did a number on me (with how good it was!) which makes my brain kinda sorta want to go into a reading slump because of course no book can be as good as that book. Right? RiGhT?! RIGHT???

It was a weird month. Let's leave it at that ðŸ˜…

Until next month!
Happy reading!

Books I Read & Listened
To In April

| eBook | GraphicAudio | Audio Book |

  • Romeo By Sybil Bartel - I wasn't expecting this but I ended up DISLIKING this book SO DAMN MUCH. I loved quite a few books by this author in the past. I don't know what went so wrong with this one but I just could barely stand it. (My review is live here!)
  • Sweep In Peace By Illona Andrews - The only reason I've picked up this series and stuck with it was it being a GraphicAudio production. The first book blew me away this one (story-wise) was just okay. (My review is live here!)
  • Ben Fortune By Elizabeth DearThis book did something I wasn't expecting it to do. It interweaved Ben's story into Mave's story (Book #1) in an interesting way. In this book, we get to see what was happening with Ben while Mave was being put through the wringer in her book. (My review is live here!) 

| Audio Book | Audio Book |

  • Lord Of Embers By C. N. Crawford - I had very high hopes for this book. It all came crashing down on me and my expectations. My dislike of this book runs deep. I wanted more of what got me hooked on the first book. This one was more character-driven (and it just didn't work for me with this story). (My review is live here!)

Books I Can't Wait To Get
My Hands On In May

* Book titles are linked to Goodreads.

5th



6th



17th
(Audio Book)


30th

Reject Me |


31st

Here's What Happened On
This Blog In April


I reviewed the following books & audiobooks:

What books are you looking forward to reading this month?
Let me know in the comments below!
Mikky Sig 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...