If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 2, 2022

Audio Book Review: The Long-Forgotten Winter King By Annette Marie

The Long-Forgotten Winter King
(The Guild Codex: Unveiled #2)
By Annette Marie

Narrator: Cris Dukehart
Length: 8 hours and 12 minutes

Everyone is keeping secrets.

Zak won't reveal what really happened between us ten years ago. Ríkr's been hiding so much I scarcely recognize him anymore. But the biggest secret belongs to my parents, and it's the one I'm most desperate to unravel.

Finding out who they really were, and who I am, means solving their eighteen-year-old murders. For reasons unknown, Zak decides to join me—and that makes me nervous, especially when the trail leads us into the most dangerous fae territory in the lower mainland.

The questions keep piling up, but as I realize too late, my parents' killer is no mystery. He's been lying in wait all along.

But not for me.

I've led Zak and Ríkr into a hell with no escape, and I need more than answers now. I need power—because without it, none of us will make it out alive.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

I'm SO glad I reread the first book before this one! This was such a good follow-up to it! The story and the intrigue were so fascinating. I'll make one thing very clear: I LOVED Ríkr. I can't wait to see what's in store for these characters in the books to follow!

Saber had a lot of revelations in this book. I hope she and Zac find a way to be at peace with what happened between them and with past situations involving them. I liked Saber a lot in this book. Even while being put through the wringer she still manages to help Ríkr when things get tough. She's loyal and headstrong even though she's a tad unhinged. It just adds to her appeal if I'm being honest. In the books, I usually read very rarely is this a characteristic that belongs to the heroine, so I found it to be a great change of pace.

In comparison to Saber, Zac is much less bloodthirsty (even if at all). Which again is a very interesting flip in the dynamics I'm used to seeing. He seems like the calm before the storm. From how he's presented it feels like he's very angry but is also used to reigning his anger in. I love the dynamic between them. 

I'm excited to see where this series is going! I loved the little callback with a certain guild we've seen in past books *wink wink* at the very end. I'm also very invested in Ríkr going forward. I loved his one-liners and his overall demeanor. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was awesome! Like I said in my review of the first book, this narrator took her time and made it her mission to nail this narration. I admire her work ethic and her dedication to her craft and the universe Annette Marie has created. The characters were all distinguishable from each other and there were no weird noises in the background.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...