If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, November 23, 2020

Book Review: Dangerous Dreams By J.C. McKenzie

Dangerous Dreams:
A Novella
(Obsidian Flame #1)
By J.C. McKenzie


PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED IN THE MOON, MIST & MAGIC ANTHOLOGY

What would you sacrifice to protect those you care for?

As a dragon shifter in hiding, Lara Stone wants nothing to do with others of her kind or finding a mate. No way, no how. She's perfectly content to work for a security company, masquerading as a simple mage.

When the leader of all the dragon clans personally requests her as a bodyguard, Lara fears her secret is blown, or worse. What danger could possibly make Rafael Dragoi, the powerful Astarot, seek protection?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)

My Review:

I've been on a DNF train these past few weeks and I loved that that didn't happen with this book! This was a surprisingly good read and a great introduction to this series. I regret all the years that I left this book sitting on my TBR shelf!

The heroine was kick*ss and sassy! She didn't take anyone's crap and stood up to the hero like it was no big deal. Though her dragon had a lot to say about that and by that, I mean innuendos galore! I loved every minute of it because it was hilarious! Due to this being a novella though the story felt a tad bit rushed but I hope the author rectifies that with the next book and expands on the heroine's secrets.

The hero was actually a standup guy. He teased her a lot from the beginning and it kept their conversations light and airy. There were serious moments and he didn't shy away from those either. I liked his overall demeanor and how he treated her like an equal.

Like I mentioned above, this is a novella so I understand it feeling rushed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the second novel in the series to not be this way. Overall, I really liked this story and I'm looking forward to following the characters on their journey!

My Favorite Quotes:

"He doesn't want to fight you, silly. Try another f-word."

"If he kept this up she'd die from his innuendos."

"Apparently she wasn't the only one running from the good ol' ball and chain."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...