If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 18, 2020

Book Review: The Sinner By J. R. Ward

The Sinner
(Black Dagger Brotherhood #18)
By J. R. Ward

A sinner’s only hope is true love in this passionate new novel in J.R. Ward’s #1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger
Brotherhood series.

Syn has kept his side hustle as a mercenary a secret from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. When he takes another hit job, he not only crosses the path of the vampire race’s new enemy, but also that of a half-breed in danger of dying during her transition. Jo Early has no idea what her true nature is, and when a mysterious man appears out of the darkness, she is torn between their erotic connection and the sense that something is very wrong.

Fate anointed Butch O’Neal as the Dhestroyer, the fulfiller of the prophecy that foresees the end of the Omega. As the war with the Lessening Society comes to a head, Butch gets an unexpected ally in Syn. But can he trust the male—or is the warrior with the bad past a deadly complication?

With time running out, Jo gets swept up in the fighting and must join with Syn and the Brotherhood against true evil. In the end, will love true prevail...or was the prophecy wrong all along?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked To My Review)


My Review:

This author has such a way with words! She's succeeded at sucking me back into a series I had long given up on years ago. I'm so hyped for the next books in this series. 

I'm still coming to grips with the number of storylines that are usually present in books of this series. It was a big step for me but I managed to read through everything while only skimming through a page or two at the most.

Syn and Jo's story was heart-pounding, heartbreaking and suspenseful. The would-they-wouldn't-they thing that was happening was keeping me on my toes, in the best way. Syn is such a broken individual with a past that will bring tears to your eyes. I'm really glad he got his happy ending.

Even though I normally dislike Butch the part II/the end to the prophecy storyline proved to be a very enjoyable read. He's got a good head on his shoulders and tries to protect everyone he cares about. He's actually a really standup guy. I don't really remember why I dislike him in the first place if I'm being honest.

The new big-bad storyline is going to be so good but in such a bad way for the brothers and bastards. The ending was so sweet and heartfelt. It's probably been a decade since I read the first book in the brotherhood series but Wrath and Beth still hold a place in my heart. I can't wait for the next book but I also want everyone to be okay and live their happily ever afters. I'm so conflicted! 

My Favorite Quotes:

"Maybe the intellectual construct of fate, of destiny, was just a way to frame all the s***ty f***ed up things that happened to people."

"You make me want to be a hero, not a sinner."

"True love, after all, could be expressed in many ways, but the one commonality to it was that it lasted. It was a permanence, in whatever form it took."

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Mikky. I've only read book 1 in this HUGE series - I don't think I'll ever catch up. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't feel bad! I skipped around quite a few books in this series. It's a wonder I'm currently this far in the series ♡

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...