If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, March 23, 2020

Book Review: Power in Darkness By Krista Street

Power in Darkness
(Supernatural Community #2)
By Krista Street


Turns out, I’m not the only supernatural in the world… My new werewolf boyfriend, Logan Smith, wants to introduce me to the supernatural community—a secret society of magical species that live in hiding in the human world.

But my introduction doesn’t go as planned.

On the night before my arrival, a terrifying event births a new power inside me. It’s cold, powerful, and worst of all, I lose my livelihood overnight since I can’t touch anyone now without killing them.

Now as I enter the community, while terrified of hurting innocents, I learn that to stop the dark power I must dig into my family’s past to uncover the truth of who I really am.

Thankfully, I have Logan to help me along the way. Not only is he sinfully delicious, but he’s loyal, trustworthy, and is committed to staying at my side.

Or so I thought…
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In this Series:
(Linked to my review)

My Review:

I adore this series so much! The universe the author built and continues to expand upon is fascinating and feels realistic enough to satiate my need for something that borders on realistic in my fantasy novels. The writing is also very smooth and well-paced. It pulls you in and doesn't let you go until the end.

Daria is a giving and selfless person. To be honest, she borders on being unrealistically naive which did bother me during the novel in some situations. I understand she comes from generations and generations of healers but does she not know that she can deviate from the so-called "only path" if she wants to? That she doesn't need to hurt herself to heal others always and that she doesn't have to have a kid if she doesn't want to at this very moment? She's a great character but that aspect of her personality just gets under my skin. I love the chemistry she has with Logan, though judging by the revelations in this novel things are about to get rocky.

Logan is great to a degree. He's open, emotionally available and always wants to protect those he loves. It was never very apparent how cagey he was on certain subjects but it became very noticeable and worrying in this novel. My guess is an arranged unwanted (on his part) mating is afoot and that he's running from it but nothing has been confirmed nor denied during the story because he clams up every time something close to it is brought up. I don't know the situation fully but I'm looking forward to getting some answers to some big and important questions.

The ending wasn't what I was expecting. It was a very open-ended bordering on cliffhanger ending and I wasn't mad about it. It ended at a very nice point where the story is concerned and it does make me more intrigued about what's going to happen next! On a last note, I would really love a glossary of terms with all the new paranormal world jargon that's being thrown around. It would really help my brain keep them all straight.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I knew there was no running from a family legacy. Of all people, I knew that all too well."

"Remember who you are."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...