If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading & Why

Hiya My Little Predators!!

Welcome back to:
A weekly feature created By The Broke And The Bookish
Currently featured on That Artsy Reader Girl

Books On My TBR
I’m Avoiding Reading & Why

The Gauntlet
(Imdalind Academy #1)
By Rebecca Ethington

I just don't know what to think of this series. It's linked to the Imadalind series that I loved until the author started having her life torn apart and the books saw the consequences of that. Ever since then I just don't know what to think. I've considered re-reading the whole series (because she has reworked them) and then starting on this one but I'm just not that interested in it at this point. It's been so long that I barely have a vague recollection of the story. I want this to live up to my expectations but I'm also scared that it might not because of where my head is at this moment.

Storm and Fury
(The Harbinger #1)
By Jennifer Armentrout

I haven't had much luck in liking this author's YA in the last few years and I'm scared this will be added to that list. The cliffhanger I can already perceive is also not helping the situation. I may do with this series like I did with her Dark Elements series and just wait it out and then read it after the hype has died down.

Everything is F*cked:
A Book About Hope
By Mark Manson

I'm a mood reader and I have to be in a specific mood to read and enjoy self-help books. This is probably full of great advice coupled with sarcasm and great life lessons, but it's not in every mood that I'm in that I enjoy these types of books. I'll get to it eventually but until then this will sit in my TBR pile.

Storm Cursed
(Mercy Thompson #11)
By Patricia Briggs

In all honesty, I have the audio book to this and I've tried multiple times to get into it but my head is just not in it. I know these books start out slow and this adventure, in particular, has been building from a few books back. It should be exciting and fun but it's just not happening. I could maybe skip this for the next book and come back to it in the future. This all comes down to I'm a mood reader please send help!

What books are you avoiding?
Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. Great list! One of these days I need to make a start on the Mercy Thompson series. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Mercy Thompson series is great! I'd recommend them to every lover of urban fantasy. I hope so too :)

      Delete
  2. I've been delaying Storm and Fury because of the hype, too! I also definitely have a tendency to put off books that I know end in cliffies, because I can only deal with waiting for so many new books at a time before I just melt into a puddle of impatient goo. I can so relate to the mood thing, too! There are so many books that I *want* to read, but I have to be in just the right mood for. Which is frustrating, but what can you do? xD

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype can kill a book for me. Expectations can never be too high! The worst part about cliffhangers is when the next book finally releases it's been a year and you don't even know what you were so torn up about. Impatience is my middle name! So frustrating! Can me and my brain just get it together and read/enjoy whatever I want to regardless of how I'm feeling mood wise? :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a mood reader, too, so your explanations make a lot of sense.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that cover for The Gauntlet kinda reminds me of the Annette Marie books! Definitely understand why you're hesitant though- sometimes I'm like do I REALLY want to go back to this or that series? lol. And Storm Cursed- I like the cover, but I've only read the first Mercy book. I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give off the same vibes! I hadn't thought of that! Exactly! And sometimes the answer is no, unfortunately. The Mercy covers are always amazing! The artist does a great job on them. The Mercy series is a classic in urban fantasy at this point. I would recommend them even if I've not feeling up to reading the last book at this very moment :)

      Delete
  5. I'm finally finishing the Dark Elements Series so I can get to Storm and Fury. I hear you on the idea of a cliffhanger, though---definitely makes me nervous.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to the first two books in the Dark Elements series and ended up not being a fan. I skipped book #3 altogether but Storm And Fury sounds so good! Cliffhangers are never fun :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...