If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, September 9, 2019

Book Review: Blood Truth By J.R. Ward

Blood Truth
(Black Dagger Legacy #4)
By J.R. Ward

As a trainee in the Black Dagger Brotherhood's program, Boone has triumphed as a soldier and now fights side by side with the Brothers. Following his sire's unexpected death, he is taken off rotation against his protests—and he finds himself working with Butch O'Neal, former homicide cop, to catch a serial killer: Someone is targeting females of the species at a live action role play club. When the Brotherhood is called in to help, Boone insists on being a part of the effort—and the last thing he expects is to meet an enticing, mysterious female...who changes his life forever.

Ever since her sister was murdered at the club, Helaine has been committed to finding the killer, no matter the danger she faces. When she crosses paths with Boone, she doesn't know whether to trust him or not—and then she has no choice. As she herself becomes a target, and someone close to the Brotherhood is identified as the prime suspect, the two must work to together to solve the mystery...before it's too late. Will a madman come between the lovers or will true love and goodness triumph over a very mortal evil?
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)





My Review:

I didn't know what to think going into this book. Boone was never a favorite character of mine or one that stood out in any way for me throughout past stories. Color me surprised when I actually got into both stories in this book!

Helaine was an interesting character because of the circumstances with her sister. Other than that there wasn't much to her. She's an introvert and a recluse by choice. Her sister was the life of the party and she was happy being off to the side. That isn't a bad thing (because I, too, am an introvert) but it doesn't make for an incredible character. Boone and the investigation were the most exciting things that happened to her in the last few years of her life. She was a nice character to get to know but not my favorite.

It was great getting to know Boone better. He was a very kind and respectful guy. He always wanted to do the right thing to help the people he loved. I ended up liking him very much by the end of the book. With the way the last BDB book ended, I was very invested in what would happen next with that whole situation. 

As interesting and heart-pounding as the end of Butch's investigation ended up being I still don't like Butch. It's also why I skipped his book altogether in the BDB series. There's something about the way his character is written that I dislike. I can respect him and his struggles and the help he's been to the BDB but I still can barely stand him.

The ending was great because I didn't see who the culprit was until the very end! Boone and Helaine's happily ever after was so sweet! Looking ahead to the next book in this series I don't see where it's going, especially because it'll feature Rhage's half brother who hasn't even been introduced anywhere in the books. I'm curious and I'll leave it at that!

My Favorite Quotes:

"Some things death did not change. Some things death made worse."

"You can get through almost anything as long as you know it won't last forever."

"Ah, fiction. So much better than reality."

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...