If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 6, 2018

Book Review: Wilder By LeAnn Ashers

Wilder
(Grim Sinners MC #2)
By LeAnn Ashers 

Joslyn

My life was an absolute mess, and it was slowly killing me.
Dismay and anguish defined my everyday life.

Until Wilder.

He became what I’d never known I craved.
He was my world, my best friend.

For once…I was happy.
Until it all started crashing down around us.

Wilder

From the moment I’d met Joslyn, she’d been my everything.

I’d never expected to have her in my life, but she was finally mine.
There was no way I was going to lose her.

I would lay down my life to keep her safe.

My MC has been my life. Danger has never been uncommon.
I was made for this lifestyle, but now Joslyn’s in danger too.

They’ve messed with the wrong MC, and now we are coming for them…
May they rest in pieces.

Game on.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
 | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

I'm throwing in the towel after reading three books by this author. There's something about the writing style and the way everything is plotted out that doesn't sit well with me. Everything in this novel seems only surface deep. Very little effort is made to flesh out the universe that was created and the characters switch personalities in the span of a few pages.

I would love to have had more of a backstory to how the club worked. It's only mentioned in passing that Wilder is the VP. When dangerous situations arise there's no basic plan in place. One person "protects" the women and children and everyone else storm off into the danger and gets everything done without a single causality. 

The dialogue felt robotic. It would have been less of a problem if the author used more contractions so everyone wouldn't sound so stiff. All the time jumping was getting annoying by the second half of the book. The fast forwards were making the "dangerous situations" seem more like coincidences than actual events that could potentially happen within a reasonable time frame.

The characters weren't very memorable. Joslyn started out as an interesting character, but after she got together with Wilder she had a complete 180 done on her personality. Everything, all of a sudden, was OK. It's hard to swallow because the type of abuse she suffered doesn't just go away just because you meet a nice guy. Wilder was better than I was expecting him to be. It got to the point where I thought he was almost a little too nice, but then he'd kill someone (which helped to clear up A LOT of plotlines) and I'd be reminded of how unrealistic everything felt.

Overall, this book wasn't worth my time. I only finished it because by the time I realized this wasn't for me I was already halfway through it. I skimmed the second half, hoping there would be something that would change my mind and, unfortunately, I was wrong. 

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...