If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, August 13, 2018

Audio Book Review: Moon Kissed By Jennifer Snyder

Moon Kissed
(Mirror Lake Wolves #1)
By Jennifer Snyder

Narrated By: Nicole Blessing
Length: 5 hours and 46 minutes

Life is different for those living in the Mirror Lake Trailer Park.

Mina Ryan has waited years for her werewolf gene to trigger. The clock is ticking, if she isn't Moon Kissed soon, she runs the risk of becoming an outsider to her pack.

Bigger issues arise when Mina learns one of her pack members has gone missing. Even worse, she might know something about their disappearance. There's only one person Mina can turn to for help. Too bad she has a hard time trusting herself when she's around him...

With the full moon looming closer, the mystery of a missing pack member growing, and her attraction to the Alpha's son blooming, it's all Mina can do to keep her head and heart in check.

Thousands of copies sold. Millions of pages read. Enter the world of werewolves and mystery in Moon Kissed, the first book in a suspenseful, romantic, action-packed series fans of The Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf love!
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

If I had bothered to read a few reviews of this book before I got it things would have ended better. So for that, I will admit fault. This book features a love triangle, which I haven't been a fan of for a few years now. It didn't help how small the universe the author created felt. The lore and the wolves self-inflicted seclusion from the rest of the town was a bit weird. 

Mina wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. There were times when I started questioning her common sense and self-preservation instincts. **Spoiler** The hardest pill to swallow was when she knew, for a fact, that a few of Alec's friends were up to no good and that it involved endangering werewolves and she still made it a point to be around them.**End Of Spoiler** Another thing I found weird was her overprotectiveness towards her sister. It would come up out of nowhere with no justification for it and would never lead to anything. Her inner monologue was, at times, too descriptive and detailed for me.

Alec was an average guy with an average life. I didn't feel the chemistry between him and Mina. The worst part of him were his friends, which seemed to only be around to make him look better in comparison. They felt very stereotypical and one dimensional.

Eli was mysterious and warmed up to me throughout the story. Though, I didn't understand why he insisted on giving alcohol to a minor. I also didn't see what he saw in Mina. There was never any real spark between them unless they coincidentally happened to be alone somewhere.

The ending felt off. There were a few major problems presented in this novel, but the only one that got solved was the obvious one that you can deduce from the cover and length of this still growing series alone. Overall, this felt like half a story and I'm not sure I'm invested enough to want to read the next book in this series.

The Audio Book:

The audio narration isn't great. It's slow and full of longer than needed pauses. This is the second book I read sped up because I couldn't stand the pauses. The narrator has maybe 2 voice intonations for women and 2 for men. There's not much distinction when there are more than 3 people having a conversation. Overall, the narrator didn't help with my apprehension of the story after I figured out that it featured a love triangle.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...