If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, July 6, 2018

My Ramblings/TV Show Review: Westworld Season 2 ...URGH

Westworld Season 2


Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Network: HBO
Premiere Date: Apr 22, 2018
Creator: Jonathan Nolan


A sci-fi drama set in an Old West theme park where guests interact with automatons in scenarios that are developed, overseen and scripted by the park's creative, security and quality assurance departments. Based on the 1973 feature film directorial debut by Michael Crichton.

| IMDb |

My Review/Rant:

* Beware: This became more of a rant than a review of Westworld Season 2.

I adored the first season of Westworld. Even with its convoluted non-linear storytelling, but there's only so much I can take of that before it becomes a jumble in my head. I liked that the story came full circle, but season 2 took that WAY too far. 

Maybe you can tell I'm a little bitter about it all. It's also probably due to the fact that I hyped up this show in my head for so long that the product that was presented wasn't what I was expecting. Don't get me wrong! The series was beautifully shot and produced. The actors were amazing. I just wasn't expecting SO much to be compressed in a ten episode season, which caused me to lose interest in the series midway through.

There were SO many storylines that it got to the point where I didn't know what was past, future or just someone hallucinating. The revelations were awesome and the ending full of promise for an even crazier third season, but I don't like it when the showrunners somewhat obligate me to do heavy research on a series just to keep the storylines straight. As much of a fan of the series as I am, I don't want it to require me doing "homework" on it to have a basic understanding of what's happening. I'm also not one to catch little hints and tidbits in shows and books for that matter. So having to watch 40 minute long videos explaining how all these convoluted hints and specific lighting represent a whole other hidden message in the series isn't all that exciting for me as a casual viewer.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...