If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, June 1, 2018

My Ramblings: Spoilers: The Bane Of My Existence

Spoilers: The Bane Of My Existence

The internet is a magical place. You can find almost anything you desire at any time of day. The problem is when you stumble upon a spoiler that you didn't go looking for. I've lost count of the number of movies, tv shows, and books I've had ruined by accident just because I decided to read an article/review about it before watching/reading it. Would it kill someone to put a spoiler tag or a note before it somewhere?

I've also DNFed books because someone I follow decides that everyone on planet earth had to have already read the book that released a mire 2 weeks ago and spoils an important detail of it with no warning. By this point in life, I've perfected the art of skimming without actually reading anything when I see someone talking about a book I haven't read but intend to do so eventually.

This post is probably coming off a tad bit more bitter than I initially intended it to and, for that, I'm sorry. I'm of the mindset that doesn't like things spoiled for me unless I specifically ask for them. I do my best to not spoil anything in my reviews. When I do I put a nice big spoiler warning before and after it while highlighting it in the a different color text so you won't read it accidentally. 

Am I expecting too much of people?
Have you ever read a spoiler by accident?
Let's discuss our bitterness in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I hate spoilers too. I work so hard to try and keep any spoilery stuff out of my reviews, but there are so many people, who apparently cannot recognize a spoiler. I thank all the lovely reviewers, who tag their spoiler reviews or hide them on Goodreads, but there are too many people who don't do that. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Would it kill someone to write a simple sentence before their review stating the possibility of spoilers so I know which reviews not to read? Skimming does wonders though ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...