If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, January 26, 2018

My Ramblings: Calling All Obscure Paranormal Creatures


Calling All Obscure Paranormal Creatures
To The Paranormal Romance
& Urban Fantasy Genre!

I had a phase where the only types of books I'd read would be young adult fantasy bordering on middle grade. Those books had such eye-opening and intriguing concepts and creatures that made everything that much more exciting. As I was growing up I eventually ended up discovering paranormal romance and urban fantasy. 

That discovery was very fascinating for quite a while, but then something clicked for me. Why aren't obscure creatures featured in most of those novels? Am I the only one who'd be interested in reading about gargoyles and incubi, for example? I understand that vampires, werewolves, and even witches are already part of mainstream culture. That's probably what brings in the most monetary value, but when everything has been done and re-done seven ways to h*ll why not switch it up a little bit?

From what I've come across while looking for books featuring these creatures, I've realized that most are present in books, except they're often found in two extremes: middle grade or erotica. I don't like books in those particular genres so it's usually a wild goose chase through Amazon and Goodreads to come up empty-handed.

If you know of any new adult paranormal romance and/or urban fantasy novels that feature:

Mermaids, Incubi, Gargoyles, Any other obscure and fascinating paranormal creature;

Please let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...