If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, December 15, 2017

My Ramblings: Seasonal Books: Yay or Nay?

Seasonal Books: Yah or Nah?

I can't be the only one who doesn't really enjoy season specific books, right? I like extra novellas/books in my favorite series as much as any other person, but seasonal books have become a turn off for me in the last few years. 

The story could take place any other day/time of the year, why does it have to be specifically geared towards Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc.? I understand the marketing purpose of it all, but does it really make a difference? Book sales get me to buy more books than usual. A specifically themed holiday story in the middle of a series, will not do that for me.

Looking back on these 'My Ramblings' posts I seem to be a big complainer. I've realized that I have way too many pet peeves when books are involved, which is getting more and more drastic every year, even for me.

What are some of your pet peeves (bookish or otherwise)?
Let's complain about them in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I don't pick books based on season, unless it is for a reading challenge, but I feel like a lot of Christmas books found me this year. It was actually fun to read them. They totally put me in the holiday mood after I read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm just a debbie downer when holidays of any sort are concerned. Those types of books don't do anything for me. I wish they had the power of getting me into a holiday mood :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...