If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, December 1, 2017

My Ramblings: Book Funks & How Exasperating They Can Get


Book Funks &
How Exasperating They Can Get

Book funks have become the bane of my existence for the last few months. This isn't a new or recent problem, but it's the first time that I can't seem to snap myself out of it. It's getting more and more frustrating each and every week that passes that I don't even have one book read. My saving grace are the reviews I've been saving specifically for when these times arise.
I don't know about you, but when I settle into these hard times no book is good enough for me. There's always an insignificant little detail that eats away at me and eventually makes me stop reading whatever book I managed to pick up.

These funks will usually last around a few weeks to a month for me. I've learned that to make myself snap out of it I have to pick up a book I KNOW I'll enjoy NO MATTER WHAT. It's quite hard to do when every single detail ever sets me off for no apparent reason.

This is also why I mostly stopped accepting ARC's for review. Most times, when I ask for the ARC at that moment I'm very excited to read the book, but 30 days later when I finally receive it I'm most likely in the middle of a funk and have to push myself to read the aforementioned book. What will also happen is that I predict I'll be in a funk and decide to not ask for it, only to finally read it on the day it releases and love it to death and feel guilty about how I passed up the opportunity in the first place. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation for me.

At the end of the day, I just have to go with the flow and wait it out. Until then books are piling up and my anxiety levels just keep on rising. 

Do you go through book funks?
How do you deal with them?
I'd love some advice in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...