If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Audio Book Review: Ryker By Geri Glenn

Ryker
(Kings of Korruption MC #1)
By Geri Glenn

Narrator: Pippa Janye & Roger Wayne
Length: 5 hours and 40 minutes

Charlotte

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve taken care of everyone around me, including my self-centered older sister, Anna. When her poor choices make us targets of the Devil’s Rejects Motorcycle Club, I grab her and we run like hell. A new city, a new job, a new life. It’s almost perfect – and then I meet Ryker.

He’s gorgeous, rugged and too cocky for his own damned good. But he’s a biker – exactly the type of man I’ve been running from. I have no business getting involved with a man like him. Too bad I can’t get him out of my head.

Ryker

As V.P. of the Kings of Korruption MC, I know all about violence and loss. In my world, getting involved with a woman never turns out well. Avoiding commitment isn’t something I have to work at – it’s just a way of life. Then I meet Charlotte. Drawn to her kindness and beauty, I know there’s no place for her in my world. I have to let her go.

Finding Charlotte battered and bloody late one night, I go against my own beliefs, making it my mission to protect her. The Devils are out for blood and it’s Charlotte’s they want. Maybe I can’t keep her but I will put my life on the line to keep her safe. If not, I face losing the only woman that’s ever made me feel alive.

Note: This book contains violence, strong language and descriptive sexual situations. It is intended for readers over the age of 18.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | Audible | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

Something seemed off about this story/book and I can't quite put my finger on it. I never connected emotionally with the characters and I didn't see the chemistry that Ryker and Charlotte had. Throughout the story, it felt like the story was told at me instead of me being present while everything happened.

I liked Charlotte as a character. She had a backbone and stood up for what she thought was right. I understood her protective nature towards her sister, but I don't think what her sister did to her ever really sunk in. Had I been in her shoes, I would never want to see her again. I'm stubborn, I'm happy to admit to it.

I don't know how I feel towards Ryker. He had this hot and cold thing going on with Charlotte and it got annoying after the first time. I can understand he had to work everything out in his head to let Charlotte in, but he doesn't get the right to play with her feelings during that period of time.

The ending was predictable. It was made even more obvious when Charlotte decided to run away (why has this been a theme in the books I've been reading lately?). I was so disconnected from the characters by that point that I found myself thinking "everything that happens to you after this point is your own damned fault". It's cruel and a punishment no one deserves, but my head just wasn't in the story anymore.

The Audio Book:

This is one of the few times I'm probably going to say this, but I loved Roger's narration. His voices were very relaxing and I liked how he made an effort to make the female voices more high pitched and less gruff than his own. Jayne's narration was nice as well. I could always tell the character's apart from both narrators intonations.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...