If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, September 29, 2017

Book Tag: Reader Problems

Hope you guys like book tags because here comes another one!
Enjoy!

1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?

I'm a mood reader, so it'll depend on what I feel like reading at the moment.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?

Depends on why I'm not enjoying the novel. I've been known to finish a novel in spite of being angry at a detail or two just to say that that I finished it. I've also DNF-ed a book after three chapters because I didn't care about any of the characters.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?

I'll try, but if I'm too far behind I already know that I probably won't get there. I'll resign myself to doing better 'next year'.

4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?

Messing with my shelf is one of the few dozen things that will get me to a level of anger that you don't want to see. Ever. I usually get pissy and swear enough to make a sailor blush. After my tantrum, I'll usually go online and see if another version of it will release eventually to complete the collection cohesively.

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?

I'll usually go on Goodreads and look up reviews that more or less match my opinion of the book. I'll probably comment something along the lines of "I totally agree with you" and "would you want to discuss why other people are strange and don't share this very relevant opinion?". After I get that off my chest I'll resign myself to listening to everyone in my day to day life speak wonders about a book I dislike hoping it will eventually stop.

6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?

I'll stop reading. I don't like crying, much less crying in public. It'll probably take away from the book after I start reading it again at a much later time, but at least I'll know I didn't cry in public.

7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?

Probably not. If I'm waiting anxiously for the sequel chances are that story is still vividly with me. If I have forgotten (which does happen sometimes) I'll read my review on the novel and look up a few spoilers to situate myself back in the story.

8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?

I very politely say "NO". In all caps. I have no shame in denying someone a treasured copy of a novel I went through h*ll to get signed so they can get a chance of dog earring it or some other horrible fate.

9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?

I've learned the hard way to wait it out or reread a book I know I love and can get through without overthinking it. 

10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?

I live off kindle deals and ebook sales. So I'll either wait them out for a bit or find a way to categorize their "importance" level to me and buy them one at a time (so I don't get overwhelmed, which tends to happen quite a bit even before I buy them). 

11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?

It all depends on extenuating circumstances. Most are read right off the bat. A lot of them slip through the cracks because I get distracted with books that just released that I want to read 'more' than the ones I already own. 

I wasn't tagged to do this post, so I'm not tagging anyone.
If you want to participate in this tag feel free to do so C:

How do you get over a reading slump?
Tell me your secret in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...