If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Audio Book Review: Halfway To The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Halfway To The Grave
(Night Huntress #1)
By Jeaniene Frost

Narrated By: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 11 hours and 17 minutes
Flirting with the Grave...

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father - the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner - are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review - all links will be live within a few weeks of each other)



My Review:

It feels so good to reread a series that you love. I've been in a reading slump lately and one of the few things that will help me get out of it is rereading books that I know I adore. This series has officially stood the test of time. I would go so far as to consider it a classic of the urban fantasy/vampire genre.

I love Cat for her witty retorts and her stubborn streak. She's one of the first heroine's that I had the pleasure of meeting. She still manages to stand out today (several hundred books down the line). Though I still don't agree with her withholding important information from Bones, I can understand why.

Bones is incredible. Though he can come off as quite a jerk, I warmed up to him and his dry humor pretty quickly. I liked how the author portrayed the lengths he'd go to protect, help and save Cat as the book progressed. Though his voice in the audio book rubbed me the wrong way, I did eventually get used to it.

I still dislike the ending, but I know the adventure is only getting started. This whole series is written so well. I wished it had gone on for longer than seven books.

The Audio Book:

I enjoyed Tavia Gilbert's narration, but her voice for Bones still leaves something to be desired for me. His pitch is unusually high for a guy that it threw me for a loop. I did, eventually, get "used" to it but it still bothers me.

My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your review! I hope you will be joining us, sharing your thoughts and also doing the games and trying for the prizes.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...